Get advanced programming focused on object-oriented programming (OOP) and STLs that are extremely demanding on the labor market.
Created by Tim Buchalka’s Learn Programming Academy, Frank J. Mitropoulos Last updated 6/2018EnglishWhat Will I Learn?
- Learn how to program with one of the most powerful programming languages that exists today, C ++.
- Get key programming concepts that will apply to other programming languages
- Learn Modern C ++ rather than an outdated C ++ version that most other courses teach
- Learn C ++ from basic to more advanced, such as inheritance and polymorphic functions
- Learn C ++ using a proven curriculum that covers more than most C ++
- Learn C ++ from an experienced university professor who has been using C ++ for over 25 years
Curriculum For This Course267 Lectures
- Access to a computer running Windows, Mac OS X or Linux
Which programming language is often considered an honorary badge among software developers? C ++
Which programming language you can learn to get a job interview when adding to your CV? C ++
Which programming language is routinely included in the top 5 programming languages by popularity and has been consistently in the top ten for almost 20 years? C ++
Why you should learn C++
Many, if not most of the software written today, is still written in C ++, and it has been in force for many years.
C ++ is not only a popular but also very relevant language. If you go to GitHub, you will find that there are a large number of active C ++ repositories and C ++ is also extremely active on stack overflow.
There are many, many leading software titles written in full or in part in C ++. These include Windows, Linux, and Mac OSX operating systems!
Many Adobe products such as Photoshop and Illustrator, MySQL and MongoDB database engines, and many more are written in C ++.
Leading technology companies use C ++ for many of their products and internal research and development. These include Amazon, Apple, Microsoft, PayPal, Google, Facebook, Oracle and many others.
Can you see how learning C++ will open up more career opportunities for you?
If more professional companies use C ++, the reason is that there will be more demand for C ++ programmers
But the main reason why programmers should probably learn C ++ is that they are so strong!
What do I mean by powerful?
C++ is super fast, and is a general purpose programming language that supports both procedure and object oriented programming making it very flexible.
It can scale easily. And it can be portable as well.
C++ can do many things that other languages just can’t.
That’s why nearly every major language has a way to interface with code written in C++.
Since C++ has influenced so many languages, if you know C++ you’ll likely see elements from C++ in new languages you learn.
How can a beginner learn C++ ?
Find a good course taught by an instructor with years of experience in C ++, it is necessary as well as the need for the instructor to have the necessary skills to teach you the language.
Frank Mitropolous, an instructor in this course, has been using C ++ for more than 2 decades and taught students both at university courses and training courses. He even worked on the C ++ compiler development project while he was in the industry.
So you not only learn C ++ from the C ++ expert programmer, but you will also be taught by an instructor who has successfully taught at the university level for many years.
As a result, you can pass this course with confidence because you will know that C ++ is learning the right way and the shortest possible time.
Which version of C++ should I learn?
C ++ has many versions and updates over the years. It is sad that most C ++ courses do not teach Modern C ++, but focus on old, outdated C ++.
Frank teaches you Modern C++ (specifically C++ 11 and C++ 14).
Learn C++ the right way, with Modern C++, as taught by Frank in this course.
Is C++ difficult to learn?
With all the power and flexibility of C++ comes complexity.
There is no question that C++ is one of the most complex programming languages out there.
But with the right instructor, and the right training, you really can get up to speed with C++ quickly, and that’s what this course is all about.
What will I learn in this course?
The course does not take any prior experience with C ++ (or even programming in general) and you will end up with the skills to create your own C ++ programs.
Key topics covered include.
* Looping with while, do/while for, range-based for statements and recursion
* Performing calculations and displaying results
* Using existing classes and creating objects
* Creating your own classes
* Using Basic Standard Template Library classes such as Vector
* Constructors and Destructors
* Copy and Move semantics including Copy constructors, Move constructors, and copy and move assignment
* How to overload operators
* Using inheritance and class hierarchies
* Using Polymorphic functions and dynamic binding
* Using smart pointers
* Using stream I/O
* An introduction to the C++ STL
* An introduction to Exception Handling
* And much more.
How is this C++ course different to other courses?
You will learn modern C ++ for one. Many, perhaps, most other courses at Udemy will teach old, obsolete versions of C ++. If you want to learn C ++, it is extremely important that you learn a modern version to maximize career opportunities and ensure that your skills are up to date.
The form of the course includes theory and concepts, which are then reinforced with examples of live code. Frequently, the C ++ debugger is used to crawl code and analyze variables to better understand C ++ behavior. The instructor also uses a tablet pen for onscreen writing and provides even more visual explanations.
You will not find better C ++ training anywhere and you will try to find someone who has so much field and training experience as your engineer Frank.
What do I get out of learning C++ ?
More Career Options for One! C ++ is one of the most popular programming languages used in game development. It is also used in embedded applications. Your investment in time in learning C ++ will give you time and reward for more pay and more opportunities, and frankly, more fun!
Are you ready to get started?
If you are ready to get the first paid programming job or move to a higher program position, then this course is for you!
Your new job or consulting opportunity awaits!
Why not get started today?
Click the Signup button to sign up for the course!Who is the target audience?
- This course is ideal for absolute beginners without previous coding experience, or anyone who wants to add to their existing C ++ skills.
- Anyone who wants to increase their career opportunities by getting acquainted with one of the most popular programming languages.
Size: 4.69 GB